Md Nazmus Sahadat
email@example.com • 901.335.6192
• 1065A Snyder St NW • Atlanta, GA 30318
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
August 2014 – Present
Candidate for PhD in Electrical Engineering
University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
Fall 2012 – Spring 2014
MSc in Electrical & Computer Engineering
(Overall GPA: 4.0/4.0)
Bangladesh University of Engineering & Tech., Dhaka, Bangladesh
Dec 2004 – Oct 2009
BSc in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
(Overall GPA: 3.61/4.00)
Embedded system design, Filter Design, Sensor Design.
Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, Power Supply, Multimeter, Soldering (Soldering iron, Air flow soldering), Impedance Analyzer, Microscope, FPGA, Microcontroller Development Board (Arduino MEGA, CY8CKIT-001, PSoC 3 & 5, Beagle Bone Black (BBB), Raspberry PI (model B)).
Cadence (Virtuoso, Allegro PCB editor), Orcad (Spice, Capture and Layout), MATLAB, Simulink, COMSOL, SolidWorks, LT spice, Sigma Plot.
IAR systems, TI Code Composer Studio, Atmel Studio, PSoc Programming, C, C++, Verilog, BLE device programming (CC254x).
Microfluidic device design & Modeling, Smart drug delivery system, ECG electrode skin electrode interface FEM modeling, CNT sensor design
Georgia Tech Bionics LaB, (Graduate Research ASSISTANT)
June 2014 – Present
- Pursuing a PhD with a focus on Tongue drive system (TDS). TDS is an assistive technology, which controls a wheel chair using a tiny magnet attached to the tongue. It can drive the wheel chair based on the tongue movement.
- Involved in electronic system design, PCB design, embedded firmware development, signal processing, interface software development, human data collection and statistical analysis for the various branch of the tongue drive system.
THINK TANK TEAM, SAMSUNG RESEARCH AMERICA (EE INTERN)
May 2015 – July 2015
Mountain view, California
- Involved in PCB design for high speed communication of Samsung 360 camera, OLED display interface, flexible PCB design. Also involved with other confidential projects.
University of memphis ESARP LAb, (Graduate Research ASSIStant)
Aug 2012 – May 2014
- Pursued MSc with thesis on smart drug delivery system using chitosan based carrier. Finite element modeling of the drug delivery system was done using COMSOL multiphysics. In vitro experiments were done to verify the modeling accuracy. Experimental results were statistically verified.
- Involved in modeling and designing a microfluidic device design for cancer cell separation.
- Involved in design of custom built EEG and ECG monitoring device (NeuroMonitor).
- Developed an algorithm for the biometric identification from the ECG signal.
- Designed, modeled a vertically aligned CNT based EEG sensor.
Shahjalal Univerisity of science & tech, (Lecturer)
March 2011 – July 2012
- Worked as a lecturer in the department of electrical & electronic engineering.
- Involved mostly in several laboratory developments (Electrical Circuit Lab, Electronics Lab, Electrical & Electronics circuit simulation lab, Machine Lab), Teaching (Electrical Circuits, Analog & Digital Electronic Circuits, Electrical Machines).
- Was a mentor of several student projects (Wireless controlled robotic car development, Home automation system).
INTERNATION ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY CHITTAGONG, (LECTURER)
Nov 2009 – Feb 2011
- Involved mostly in teaching (Control system, Electronic circuit simulation, Power systems, Power plant engineering and Microprocessor system design) and Student research projects (Design and implementation of a sinusoidal interrupted power supply, Galvanic skin response design).
Publications & Patent
- Patent:Morshed, Bashir I., N. Sahadat, and Sergi Consul-pacareu. “PATTERNED CARBON NANOTUBE ELECTRODE.” U.S. Patent No. 20,150,367,122. 24 Dec. 2015.
- Ghovanloo M, Sahadat MN, Zhang Z, Kong F, Sebkhi N. Tapping into tongue motion to substitute or augment upper limbs. InSPIE Defense+ Security 2017 May 18 (pp. 1019413-1019413). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- N. Sahadat., et al. “A multimodal human computer interface combining head movement, speech and tongue motion for people with severe disabilities.” Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS), 2015 IEEE. IEEE, 2015.
- Zhang, Z., Ostadabbas, N. Sahadat, Sebkhi, N., Wu, D., Butler, A. J., & Ghovanloo, M. (2015, October). Enhancements of a tongue-operated robotic rehabilitation system. In Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS), 2015 IEEE(pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- N. Sahadat, et. al., “Hardware-Efficient Robust Biometric Identification from Amplitude and Interval Features of 0.58 Second Limb (Lead I) ECG Signal Using Logistic Regression Classifier”, IEEE EMBC, Aug. 2014.
- N. Sahadat, et. al., “Investigation of Electrical Stimulus on Chitosan Film Based DDS”, IEEE EMBC, Aug 2014.
- N. Sahadat, et. Al., “Wireless Ambulatory ECG Signal Capture for HRV and Cognitive Load Study Using the NeauroMonitor Platform”, IEEE/NER November 2013.
- Consul-Pacareu, R. Mahajan, M. N. Sahadat, B. I. Morshed, “Wearable Ambulatory 2-Channel EEG NeuroMonitor Platform for Real-life Engagement Monitoring Based on Brain Activities at the Prefrontal Cortex,” 4thIAJC/ISAM Joint Intl. Conf., Sept. 25-27, FL, 2014.
Awards: Graduate Research Assistant, GATECH (2014-present) • IEEE EMBC travel Award (2014) • Graduate Research Assistant, UofM (2012-2014) • Undergraduate merit scholarship (2005) • Higher Secondary School board scholarship (2004)
Activities: IEEE Graduate Student Member · IEEE EMBS Graduate Student Member.